German Red Cross Ravensburg goes English – the number of English speakers in our local community is constantly growing. Therefore the German Red Cross regional office Ravensburg wishes to invite those with limited understanding of German to a First Aid course taught in English language.
This basic First Aid Course consists of 9 units. It is intended for the general public including occupational first aiders (Berufsgenossenschaft or Unfallkasse), applicants for a German driver's license and sports.
Please note that the full amount is due in cash upon arrival. A valid ID is mandatory.
- safety on the scene of an incident or traffic accident
- emergency call
- practical training for traffic accidents: rescue of casualties from the danger zone, helmet removal, preservation of body temperature, pressure bandage, shock position
- adult CPR training including use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- shortness of breath
- acute life-threatening diseases, such as stroke, heart attack,...
- wounds: hand and finger injuries, nosebleed, burns,...
- use of wound dressing material
- collapse injuries: concussion, bone fractures,...
- target group oriented first aid situations and hands-on practice
- the course lasts for 9 hours and mainly includes practical exercises; therefore hard wearing cloths should be worn. The provision of theoretical background information will be kept to an essential minimum. At the end of the course each successful participant will receive a certificate of attendance that can be used for various driving and trainer licenses, as well as for recognition as First Aider at Work.
Course fee: 60 € (including course manual, excluding lunch and refreshments)
BG-voucher: Free (excluding course manual, lunch and refreshments)
Venue: Red Cross Ravensburg. The adress is shown on our online course overview and online booking site